The goal of the Fern Hill Uniform Policy is to provide an environment for all Fern Hill students (P-5) that is focused on learning and eliminating distractions. Please note the following guidelines for student attire, and contact our school office with any questions. We gladly accept clean and gently used uniform donations.
Why does Fern Hill Require Uniforms?
- Reduce peer pressure to out-dress each other
- Are less expensive than trendy fashions
- Improve school behavior
- Instill a sense of unity, belonging and pride
- Research shows uniforms reduce bullying/fighting
- 1st Infraction: Student will be reminded of the policy. Student will change into appropriate uniform clothing that is available from our donation cupboard. Parents may be called to bring appropriate uniform clothing.
- 2nd Infraction: Student will be reminded of policy and a Minor Infraction form will be completed and sent home for parent’s signature. Student will change into appropriate uniform clothing as is available. Parents may be called to bring appropriate uniform clothing.
- 3rd Infraction: Parent meeting will take place to assess needs and resources.
- 4th Infraction: Administration will meet with parent(s) to develop a plan for uniform compliance. Further student consequences may be applied.
*Students enrolled after the first week of school will have one week to meet uniform expectations.