- Any shade of solid Blue or White. (No Black!)
- Includes: Polo Style Shirts. Blouses must have a collar.
- Navy Blue, Black or Khaki. Solid colors only.
- Includes: Slacks, Cargos, Cords, Capris, Skirts, Shorts, Jumpers and Skorts. Pockets must be design/stitching free.
- Does not include: Jeans or Sweatpants.
- Sweatshirts & Sweaters (Hoods okay), but must have collared shirt or blouse underneath.
- Shirts/Blouses must have a collar!
- Sweatshirts/ Hoodies & Sweaters, in any shade of solid blue or white, must have a uniform shirt or blouse underneath with collar over the outer garment.
- Leggings or Tights worn alone are not part of the uniform policy. Must be worn under a skirt, skort or jumper and meet uniform guidelines: any shade of solid blue, black, khaki or white. No patterns, designs, etc.
- Skorts & Shorts must not be more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Shoes: Must be appropriate for safety! Tennis and/or casual shoes. They should be comfortable.
- Uniforms should be in good condition with no tears or holes and regularly laundered.
- New students, enrolled after the 1st day of school will have one week to conform to the uniform policy.
Why does Fern Hill Require Uniforms?
- We are proud of our successful school wide uniform policy in part because Uniforms...
- Reduce peer pressure to out-dress each other.
- Are less expensive than trendy fashions.
- Improves school behavior.
- Instills a sense of unity, belonging, and pride.
- Research shows uniforms reduce bullying/fighting.
Uniform Donations are gladly accepted. Please drop them by the office.